Monday, May 13, 2013

Welcome to Colleen's Cottage Crafts!


Hello, My name is Colleen and I have been involved in some sort of craft for as long as I can remember.

I first learned to hand sew around the age of 5 and by machine around the age of 7. It is still my favorite craft to do.

I used to make dollhouses from cardboard boxes and furnish them with things I found around the house. I was into recycling and re-purposing long before it was fashionable.

In the '70s I did macrame and copper enameling, the '80s  saw lots of different crafts to make things as gifts and items for my children. During the '90s I did lots of home decor sewing and other crafts to beautify my home. After that I learned scrap booking, rubber stamping, machine embroidery, jewelry making and so much more. For about the last 10 years or so, I have been selling my hand crafted items on-line. You can see some of my items at: Colleen on Copious.

On New Year's Eve (2012), I moved to New Castle, Indiana and set up my craft/sewing room. It is a "make do" set up for now. With this blog, I am going to take you through the redesign of that room. I will share tips and ideas as I go.  

 You can see pictures of my room in it's current state here: Colleen's Craft Room

The fabric below is the inspiration for the colors I will be using. It is by Robert Kaufman and is called Whiskers and Tails. I have 2 cats, Granite and Ebony, so a fabric depicting cats in a sewing room is perfect for me.



 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment