Friday, May 31, 2013

A Tisket, A Tasket, I'm Labeling My Basket

I am one of those people who likes to have a place for everything and everything in its place. Once in place, I like it to have a label so I know exactly what's in there. My Dymo LetraTag is my favorite tool!

I bought this tower with baskets a few years ago (Sorry, senior moment, I can't remember where, but it was on-line.) I love it because it provides a lot of storage in a small amount of space.










I made some tags for it using my Sizzix and some scrapbook paper and attached them to the baskets with ribbon. Although there is nothing wrong with the current tags, the light purple color doesn't match my new sewing/craft room.


Being thrifty, I decided to use what I had on hand to make some new tags. That meant using some of the old books I had gotten at an estate sale a few weeks ago, plus some other supplies. The die is from Sizzix, it is by Tim Holtz and is called Sewing Room.

I glued the book page to a piece of construction paper. After it dried, I cut it using my Sizzix Big Kick. I used the single hole paper punch and made a hole in the "shoulder" section. I felt it was too small at the top of the stand to put it there. 











Once that was done, I fed some grosgrain ribbon through it and made a simple knot. I wrote the contents of the basket on the back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I attached it to the basket by feeding it through the edge and then tying it in a square knot.














These were fun and easy to make and I really liked the way they turned out. Would you like some of these tags for your sewing room, but don't have the die or the time to make them? I have them available for sale on my new web site: Colleen's Cottage Shop. This site will feature items I have made for my sewing room, along with other sewing/crafting items. Items will be added as I make items for my sewing room make-over.

2 comments: